Marine Air Terminal, New York City 1939
The Marine Air Terminal (“Terminal A”) is located at New York City’s LaGuardia Airport.
It was designed in 1939 by William Delano and conceived originally to handle seaplanes.
It’s one of the last active art déco airport terminals in the US.
Inside the terminal hangs “Flight,” a mural measuring 12 ft (3.7 m) x 237 ft (72 m).
Completed by James Brooks in 1940, “Flight” depicts the history of man’s involvement with flight.
Since 1985, the terminal has been used primarily for shuttle services between New York, Boston and Washington D.C